My SB3 cannot access my slim server 6.5.4.

- I get proper connection to the wireless network, IP is properly
assigned by the DHCP server, and can access the Squeeze Network without
issue.
- I can ping the SB3 from the server PC which is running Win XP Pro
SP2.
- Even though the slim server installation appears to have opened the
proper ports in Windows firewall, I have disabled Windows Firewall and
have also tried completely uninstalling McAfee Security Center,
Personal Firewall and Virus Scan.  No luck.
- The SB3 gives me the message "connecting to Slimserver" then times
out.
- The SB3 apparently can see the IP of the slim server PC as it comes
up on the SB screen when I set up networking, but it cannot access it.

- I have tried creating virtual servers and port openings in the
wireless router (Dlink DIR-655) firewall, but it makes no difference no
matter what I do.
- I downloaded the TCPview utility and it does not show any other
devices using ports 9000, 9090 or 3483.

What can I try next?  Help please.

--
dyohn