Gibbo;247129 Wrote:
> It makes perfect sense, and what I wasn't expecting was when I told my
> girlfriend I wanted another one for the house, but I thought it might
> be a bit frivalous, she said yes it was but I should get one. I was
> shocked.
>
> What is bad about the music is I've started buying around 5 cds a month
> at least, which means my girlfriend gets jealous and buys herself 6 cds
> a month, which may start to get expensive. plus I now want to re-record
> my 80GB of mp3 music into flac, which is going to take an eternity!!

Well, it may take a while, but to me it's painless. When I re-ripped my
music I just put a stack of CDs next to me at the computer and shuffled
them through as I sat there (working or playing). Granted it might take
longer based on the ripper you use and the compression ratio you choose,
but it was less than four minutes a disc using Easy CD Extractor and
compression level 6 for me. A couple hours an evening and I was done in
no time. It was so painless I volunteered to rip a friends 3000 disc
library.

In any level of perceived pain, the results are worth it!

Enjoy!

SS

--
Secret Squirrel