ob_kook;251459 Wrote:
> Hey all, I'm having some issues with alternating light pink and green
> bands scrolling horizontally on my plasma screen, and after doing a bit
> of online research, I believe I have tracked this problem down to the
> cable feed with many suggesting that it is likely a ground loop and
> might clear up with the use of a power conditioner.
>
> I have not used power conditioners in the past, but I've seen them
> around by Monster, Belkin, APC and others, from $30 to about $3000 and
> even higher.
>
> I was wondering if anyone here uses these products and has any
> experiences they could share. I would prefer to stay within a budget of
> $200-$300 if possible.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Kook

Like mentioned if it is indeed a ground loop (very common with cable)
then a $5.00 isolation transformer will solve it.

Try disconnecting cable from the system and play a DVD or some other
video source. If the lines are gone that's your problem.

A power conditioner is NOT the solution for ground loops.

--
mswlogo

Thinkpad XP SS > Cat5 > SB3 > SPDIF-COAX > Meridian 861V4 (Trifield,
Room corrected, Upsampled) > DSP5500 Mains, DSP5500HC Center, DSP33
Rears