> Has there been any development on this issue?

It's been working for me fine for a very long time, and I have not
heard any complaints either on these boards.  You started this thread
nearly a year ago, and have periodically asked for status, but you
have never answered any of the questions people asked you or given
enough details about your directory structure and music tagging for us
to be able to help you.

There's a setting under "Music Library" (in SC7.0) called "Group
compilation albums together" which you will want to set.

Then I believe you need to either

1. put all the tracks for each compilation album together in a
separate directory, or

2. add the COMPILATION tag to each compilation album's tracks, and
it should group all tracks with the same album name (even across
different directories) into the same compilation album; the only
problem here is if you have two different compilations with the same
album name.

I have never tried #2 as there is not really a COMPILATION tag under
ID3, except the one Apple seems to have invented and which is not
supported by any of my tagging software.

greg