Phil Leigh;254552 Wrote:
> Some encouraging progress:
> Using Beta 4, I uninstalled the MS MDAC components and reinstalled. The
> script is now working! Obviously the ODBC drivers were not registered
> properly for some reason on my system.
> However, it does take a VERY long time to run...I can hear the hard
> disk thrashing. (2500 albums over 3 drives...)
> After an hour I stopped the mshta process and restarted, pointing the
> script at a directory with just three albums in it (E:\ABBA) - still
> took "ages" but did finish and did produce beautiful output - nice
> work!
>
> I am now re-running at E:\... it's been running for about an hour...

I will create additional debug logging in the next Beta to see which
function is causing the delay. If you can send me that logfile I hope I
can solve the problem. But again SC is not supported yet so I won't get
into that much deeper until the debugging on SS has been done.

Just for performance comparison; 3200 tracks, 230 albums, with
tracklisting only takes 20 seconds on my machine (AMD 3800+ X2) so for
2500 albums i would estimate a time of 250 seconds (little more than 4
minutes) would be required in your case.

It is however interesting to read you have several drives. Since
natively SS only supports one drive I guess you use shortcuts to the
two other drives? I think this may be the problem. It can be fixed
ofcourse.

Frank

--
SilverRS8