Peter;254800 Wrote:
> mvalera wrote:
> > One note about the SB Receiver, is that it requires the Controller
> for
> > network setup. You can't just buy one on it's own. It's for adding
> > extra rooms.
>
> Hi Michael,
>
> How does the controller communicate with the SBR when the network
> connection is not yet up? Over wifi or infrared?
>
> Will this new setup method be 'ported' to the old SB3?
>
> Regards,
> Peter

Here's my non-engineering explanation...

When the Receiver has a blinky red light on the front, you choose  "Set
Up Squeezbox" on the Controller. Then you see a list of receivers
(likely only one unless you are in our offices) and click on it to set
it up.

I assume it's setting up an ad-hoc wireless connection between the
Controller and Receiver for the setup, engineers can you help with
that?

There no reason to port it to the SB3 because you set that up on the
VFD screen.

Mike

--
mvalera