On 14-Jan-08, at 12:07 AM, Diana Artemis wrote:

> kdf wrote:
> <snip>
>> ... my recent need for a
>> hard drive in the UK lead me to a very nice supply of computer parts
>
> Name?  URL?

http://www.novatech.co.uk
They have a store down in Portsmouth (where I was for Christmas).  I
found the pricing reasonable and the staff are superb.  It's basically
a warehouse with a front desk.  You go up and order what you want,
pay, then move to the other desk to wait for them to call you when
they have picked it from stores.  They even give you stock counts
online, and you can order for pickup.  Very handy when a laptop drive
suddenly dies while on vacation :)

-kdf