I use ethernet cable for one squeezebox and homeplug for all the rest of
my transporters and squeezeboxes (five in all). It has proved much more
reliable than wireless and stopped my wirless commected laptops having
dropout issues as well. Uing the software netstumber I can see dozens
of wireless networks in my area which of course must be my problem.

I would highly reccomend homeplug even though setting up the network
key to stop neighbours getting into your network is pretty ugly with my
netgear devices.

I guess the next generation of routers will have homeplug all built in
and i would love to see this in slimserver devices as well.

--
willyhoops