juniper;258901 Wrote:

> a)Is anybody able to explain in a nutshell the selling points of 7.0
> over 6.5.4 please?

The official change log is here:
http://svn.slimdevices.com/*checkout*/trunk/server/Changelog7.html?content-type=text/html

One thing that currently isn't mentioned in the change log is that 7.0
is required if you like to use the newly announced SqueezeBox
Duet/Receiver/Controller hardware.

Different users will focus on different things in the changelog, so it
is hard to tell exactly which ones that will make a difference to you.

Some highlights:
- Improved integration with SqueezeNetwork
- Direct support for several music services such as MP3Tunes,   Pandora
and Rhapsody
- New default skin for web interface (this makes a big difference if
you use the web interface)
- Support for new hardware SqueezeBox Duet/Receiver/Controller
- Improved stability/robustness
juniper;258901 Wrote:

> b) When is the formal release now likely to be available to ordinary
> non techie users like my goodself?
It's required for the new hardware which I think should be available in
the stores during January. So I would guess it will be officially
released within the next 2 weeks. But this is just a guess, I have no
other indication of the release date.

juniper;258901 Wrote:

> c) If still some time off - is there any point in downloading 7.0 beta
> - following on from a) and b).

It's currently pretty stable, so if you don't have any problem to
upgrade again when the final version is released, I would recommend you
to try it.

--
erland

Erland Isaksson
'My homepage' (http://erland.homeip.net) 'My download page'
(http://erland.homeip.net/download)
Custom Scan,  Custom Skip, Multi Library and Database Query plugins'
(http://wiki.erland.homeip.net/index.php/Category:SlimServer))