Espen;259549 Wrote:
> I have concluded that the simplest way is to add the ALBUMSORTORDER tag
> to each file. Using mp3tag (http://www.mp3tag.de/en/ ) this is a
> relatively trivial procedure.

Yep, that's how many of us forced sorting by year in the web interface
in the days before the ability to sort was added.  Just be aware that
this will affect sorting albums by name.

> I tried to use the TSOA tag, but it did not work neither with ID3v2.3
> nor ID3v2.4. Not sure if that is an issue with mp3tag or SC (or if I
> have misunderstood something). I am using the current beta version of
> mp3tag, version 2.39m.

In Mp3tag, go into Help (F1) and follow the link to "Names and mapping
of ID3v2/WMA tag fields".  You'll see the field names you want to use
in the left-most column.  For album name sorting it's 'ALBUMSORTORDER'.
You don't set id3 fields using the actual id3v2 field names.

Since TSOA is considered a id3v2.4 tag, it won't be written to id3v2.3
tags.  What you _can_ do, however, is use the field name 'ALBUMSORT'
and Mp3tag will write it to an id3v2.3 TXXX field and SlimServer will
recognize it.

--
JJZolx

Jim