PLynas;259480 Wrote:
> I tend to Browse using the remote, but generally enter the first letter
> of an artist or album on the remote to get there quicker. I presume
> that you cannot do this on the new remote.

That's still possible, but you use search and scroll to the first
letter. With scrolling acceleration on the Controller I find it quicker
to just scroll there though.

PLynas;259480 Wrote:
> Also, I know I am thinking ahead a little here, but I have a new baby
> daughter, and I intended to purchase another Squeezebox to put in her
> nursery/room. (She does settle down to music so it is never too early).
> For that one I am not bothered about a screen and would control it
> myself anyway. But a Squeezebox Duet plus remote is still more
> expensive than a single Squeezebox.

Congratulations :-) It is more expensive but if you amortize the cost
by figuring that you'll be able to control four players then it's only
$25 per player.

PLynas;259480 Wrote:
> Is it easy to find what you are looking for quickly if you have a large
> music collection and does it offer a big advantage over using the
> existing remote with the Squeezebox display?

I only have 400 albums but find it just as quick to locate a specific
one as it is with the IR remote and SB3 display. The two big advantages
to me are being able to view album art and not having to be in line of
sight of the player. The laptop, as you know, does those things
already, but sometimes it's nice to get away from the device you've
been using all day. For that reason I couldn't really see myself using
the phone I've had to my ear all day as a remote for listening to music
either. YMMV.

--
Skunk

http://www.last.fm/user/TheSkunk/