juniper;259529 Wrote:
> The more I follow the thread and also read comments in the Beta forum,
> the less I feel inclined to make the jump to Release 7.0 until it
> becomes official. There still seem to be too many unresolved BETA
> issues, that may be fun for techies to comment on and try to resolve
> but could be a nightmare for the less technically inclined.

Well, I'm not exactly a techie--especially in the world of *nix--but
I've had very few problems with SqueezeCenter.  To be fair, I'm not
using a lot of plug-ins, so your mileage may vary, but I found it to be
pretty painless.

I use Ubuntu Gutsy (server mode) for my server. I did purge SlimServer
7.0a1 when we transitioned to SqueezeCenter and just reconfigured my
preferences.

On Dean's suggestion, I added a cron job to update to the nightly build
at 3:00am every evening.  It's been really quite stable for me.

-=> Jim

--
JimC

"well, she wasn't all of that, but she sure was some of that."  --
BKlaas' college buddy