> kdf;261206 Wrote:
>> I'm referring to your choice of word, Jim, not saying elimination
>> doesn't have beneficial effects.
>
> If eliminating unnecessary steps in a process is not a form of
> optimizing that process, then I don't know what is.

Only if it does any good.  Premature optimisation...etc etc. You can
always ask Dean for the full quote.  I'm not going to continue debating
with an oversimplification.  Please feel free to discuss real details at
any time.

Anyway, I'm probably not the one you really want to discuss this with
anyway.  I'm likely not going to be the one to spend time testing,
debugging or fixing anything in the area any time soon.

-kdf