One possible reason not to always ask it is because I'm guessing that
most people do not use this feature, and it may even confuse some
people who do not know what it means.  SD may figure that anyone who
understands the feature will be sufficiently motivated to research how
to set it up.

That said, if it's not in the manual, it would be nice to have it in
there.  I've never read my manual, so I'm not sure what's in there.
:)