jgs;263422 Wrote:
> ... I don't see this "added complexity" you speak of, considering that
> we're just talking about a minijack, which you need not use if you
> don't care to...

Well, if you think it's just a minijack, then go ahead. Drill a hole
and stick one into it and things are good to go :)

Seriously, I doubt that most of people even knows what the IR blaster
is. Probably quite a few would miss the ability to use the headphones.
However, this unit is half the price of the SB3, and some things have
had to be deleted. Headphone jack means also headphone amp circuitry,
additional power supply for it, obviously more room ...

I guess, Logitech planners had to draw a line somewhere, and this was
the most optimal solution in their minds. Likely because the controller
will eventually get sound.

BTW, out of topic, but these days there's a lot of unsettled dust
around Apple's decision to charge for the software update to their iPod
touch. So, some people have had a device for 6 weeks only, and they
already have to pay for email and mapping software, which, as they
feel, should have been there to begin with, and new users are getting
for free. Now, compare that to what we get with Logitech.

slimkid

The sound stage will open up, bass will tighten and the imaging will
improve. DVD performance will also increase substantially.