djfake wrote:
> Yeah, cough is right. Why can't you configure it via wired ethernet?
> Most every network device embeds something to do this - I have a NAS
> device that does this.
>
> Okay, Logitech's first priority was to sell the "duet" combo. But if
> Logitech wanted, they could have created the SBR to configure itself
> via wired ethernet. So a conscious decision was made by someone to
> create the SBR to require the SBC for configuration.

That's a matter of priorities. They'll first sell the combo, which
doesn't require a wired setup feature.

> I don't want to start a flame war and certainly don't mean this as
> troll, but why do I get the feeling this list is apologetic to
> Logitech? Is the community getting paid to develop the product? Or is
> Logitech using the community to develop a commercial product? I'm all
> confused...

Because SD/Logitech SMS actually respond to their users. Those of us
who've been
around here for a long time like me, have seen this in progress. People
asked for a cheaper displayless SB and they got it. They asked for a
Sonos type remote and they got it. I reported a bug on the Controller
interface yesterday, it was fixed today. I know of no software or
hardware company that is so responsive to its users. I appreciate that
and I really hate seeing idiots who just entered this forum and start
kicking around - usually because they have some problem with their
wireless network that's got nothing to do with their musicplayers or
they don't understand the principles behind the design - and accusing
the products of being shit, the people who make them of being stupid and
the people who appreciate both of being apologetic fanboys.

Regards,
Peter