I've got a number of records by "Elvis Costello" and others by "Elvis
Costello and the Attractions". I'd like to have the latter records
accessible via artist browsing with both "Elvis Costello" and "Elvis
Costello and the Attractions". I know I can do something like use the
"Separator for Multiple Items in Tags" feature and set the artist tag
to something like "Elvis Costello and the Attractions; Elvis Costello"
for the records with the Attractions, but then I'd see that klunky
string in the various interfaces.

I was tempted to look at a SC7 code change like look for "double
separators, e.g. "Elvis Costello;; and the Attractions" and index that
as belonging to artists "Elvis Costello" and "Elvis Costello and the
Attractions", and display the string without any double separators,
e.g. "Elvis Costello and the Attractions".

But is there already a good solution to this? ;-)

-Peter

--
peterw

http://www.tux.org/~peterw/
free plugins: http://www.tux.org/~peterw/#slim
AllQuiet BlankSaver BottleRocket FuzzyTime SaverSwitcher SleepFade
StatusFirst SyncOptions VolumeLock