Cape11;266958 Wrote:
> I have a Netgear ReadyNAS NV+ and I've got nearly 1,000 CDs loaded onto
> it.
>
> I realy don't understand the comments about slowness.
>
> I trialled Slimserver on my PC before embarking on the large store
> concept, and that was no quicker.
When using the remote with the SBs and general streaming the ReadyNAS
is fine (apparently). If you use the web interface things really slow
down. Also using things like AlienBBC isn't possible as it doesn't have
the power to transcode RealMedia streams.

The N5200 is really just a 1.5GHz PC that runs a custom Linux
distribution.

--
funkstar