dem;266855 Wrote:
> I asked Audioengine support this question, and they replied:

Hah, that's about as good as the support answer I got from them about a
pair of A5s that I got with a poor quality volume POT.  The POT seems
defective, as it gives very little (no) sound from the right channel if
below 1/5 of the rotation.  Once past a point, volume in the right
channel seems normal and balanced with the left.

"Oh, that's normal, just turn it up"

It's not normal, as a friend's A5s don't have this problem.

They put a lot of thought into the acoustics, very little into the
aesthetic details.

--
SuperQ