results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=43198
Question: Do you agree with this posting?

- Yes
- No
- In the middle

MrSinatra;267228 Wrote:
> first of all, the box wouldn't need the green screen anymore, and thats
> the most expensive part by far (so we're told).

So you start with essentially an SBR @ $150 and add at least a few more
hundred.

> consider what the ipod touch can do for $299
>
> are you saying a simpler device isn't then possible?

What's an ipod got to do with it? They're entirely different devices. A
dedicated SC box needs a lot more processing power, a lot more memory
and a LOT more storage than a touch - it does a completely different
job.

You seem to think that combining a PC and a SBR into one box will
somehow cost substantially less than the cost of the PC plus the cost
of an SBR, or that the resulting device will somehow be simpler,
smaller, quieter or more power efficient. I don't see how that can be
the case.

--
radish