jeffmeh;267807 Wrote:
> I suppose that I have been using the Squeezeboxen long enough that I am
> used to the remote interface.  However, I do remember making the same
> "mistake" numerous times in the early days (hitting play and clearing
> out a playlist that I had spent a bunch of time putting together).
>
> I agree with the OP that this action is not very intuitive from a user
> interface design perspective.  Intuitively, who is going to think that
> "play" is really "clear current playlist and play," before either
> reading the manual or learning through error?
I tend to think of "Play" as meaning "Play Now", and it's probably been
the default behaviour for too long to consider changing it in
SqueezeCenter.

I would agree that there may be an opportunity for a 'party mode' which
would change the default Play behaviour, present a customized main menu,
remove access to 'settings', etc...

But, whether it's intuitive or not, it doesn't make the Squeezebox
"suck". A silly start to (yet another) thread.

Matthew

--
mflint

'LiveDepartures plugin'