haunyack wrote:
  This thread is ostensibly concerned with the affects of "free speech"
> on individuals and the greater good of this forum.

Free speech as in free beer?
This site is not about free beer or free speech. Go to politico.com or
moveon.org for free speech. Similarly, this thread has nothing to do
with free speech, that is a red herring.

This is about folks using SqueezeBoxen (and descendants) helping each other.

If I want politics (poly-meaning many, tic - small biting bug) there are
plenty of places to go.

Good titles are: Help: windows firewall prevents Squeezebox music
You know what bad titles are.

This is not where users get official SlimDevices/Logitech support. Its
where users help each other. Rude behavior will drive out some users.

George Akerlof won a Nobel Prize in Economics for his paper on asymetric
information markets: "The Market for Lemons: Quality Uncertainty and the
Market Mechanism" In it, he says that low-quality goods, without
information on the value/quality of the products drives out high-quality
goods. Help here is a 'good' that we exchange

I posit that rude behavior, rants, personal attacks, drive out quality help.

it has nothing to do with free speech, censorship, etc. its about manners.

--
Pat Farrell
A happy customer of SlimDevices/Logitech. I am not now, and never was,