Dekker22;268815 Wrote:
> It seems most posters on here work for the company and/or have a obvious
> vested interest in the slim device.
> However, the failure to take constructive crticisim without  taking
> offense is pretty off putting for a non-geek end user.
>
> We are only stating what we find to be wrong with the dumb box.

Most posters here neither work for the company nor have any vested
interest.
Most are just passionate users of what they think is a great product.
Some spend a fair amount of their spare time to help people like you.
If they were not biased towards the product what would be their reason
to participate in this forum?
If you seek help it doesn't really help to put off the regulars here.
Maybe the official support hotline is better suited for your needs.
Ranting about something is not constructive criticism.
Dekker22;268815 Wrote:
> The range for reception states 100 meters. This is stretching the truth
> quite a bit. The limit of mine (and I mean line of sight) is no more
> than 30 meters.

Where does it say range was 100m? I couldn't find this information
anywhere. Maybe you can post a link.
There are so many factors that affect wireless range it's impossible to
give a definitive number. The same hardware that has a great range in
one location can perform very poorly in another.
Dekker22;268815 Wrote:

> After the second day the barely useable GUI went beserk during playing
> and started to flash squares lines and dots. It then stopped the music
> (which put a downer on an otherwise great afternoon around the pool.
More information is needed.
What GUI (web GUI, SB screen)?
Can you reproduce the problem (if yes, how)?
Server and firmware version?
Server hardware?
Server OS?
Server software configuration (firewall, antivirus)?
Dekker22;268815 Wrote:
> When creating playlists in windows media player slimserver fails to scan
> name changes and continues to post "untitled playlists" even though they
> were renamed days ago.
Did you rescan the playlists in Slimserver after making the changes in
WMP?
Dekker22;268815 Wrote:
> All of my wma tracks and albums are not seen by slimserver. THis is
> pretty off putting as it leaves great holes in my pre-edited playlists.
According to your other thread this problem was solved and it seems
wasn't related to the squeezebox after all.

-s.

--
slimpy