You know what causes a lot of problems for new users is the fact that
ISP's give away free crappy wireless routers, with super cheap generic
chipsets and odd configurations. Thats an issue that really needs to be
addressed too, because our friend 'Joe' assumes a wireless network is a
wireless network and he's quite happy with his uber cheap router - it's
they silly Squeezebox thats at fault, really!. I know people that are
seriously bot technically competent that had no problems at all with
their SB's. I know a guy who is about 70 that was given a second-hand
SB2 and he only started using PC's about 4 years ago, he had it working
in less than an hour (or so his son tells me). Complete novices who have
no problems at all - all because they have (admittedly by co-incidence)
reasonable working networks. Thats why i take such issue with SB's
being so complicated - i mean, are they really any harder than setting
up an iPod? My old VCR was harder. The issue is with networking, not
the SB per say. 80% of people who come on here who say "MY Squeezebox
is not working" usually find out that they should be saying "my
wireless network is crap!". And finally, if it's down to bugs in the
software (and lets be honest yet diplomatic) it's had it's fair share -
some kind of certificate does nothing to address that, possibly just
muddies the waters further.

Still, it's a good discussion - cheers bobkoure :)

--
autopilot

SLIMSERVER:[/B] 7.0 APLHA (WINDOWS XP) + ALIENBBC, SLIMSCROBBLER &
LAST.FM.
*AMP:* CAMBRIDGE AUDIO 640A (LIVING ROOM) / DENON MD30 (BEDROOM).
*SPEAKERS:* MISSION 701'S (LIVING ROOM) / KEF CRESTA 1'S (BEDROOM).
*REMOTE:* T-MOBILE MDA VARIO / HARMONY 525 (IR) / *BETA TESTING SB DUET
X 2
[B]Clients:* 1 Squeezebox 3 + Softsqueeze + Squeezebox Receiver.

'LAST.FM' (http://www.last.fm/user/domrevans/)