There used to be a plug-in that would allow selection of up to 9 (?)
playlists by pressing a number key on the remote.  I believe that you
would create a number of playlists and give each a number as a title
(1.m3u; 2.m3u; etc.).

Then you could play any one by pressing a button or two without
searching.  This was especially useful if you had a programmable
remote, as you could access the playlists by name.

I had asked about a similar component that would allow "on-the-fly"
creation of playlists by pressing "ADD" plus the appropriate number.

Nothing ever came of the request, and I haven't seen the plug-in
lately, although I've looked for it.

Is that functionality still available?  Might it get incorporated into
SqueezeCenter?

--
orrinc