tyler_durden;271622 Wrote:
> Didn't anyone notice that first he looked at $300 SB3 plus $2500 for a
> service to rip all his CDs, and decided $2500 to rip his discs was too
> expensive, then he finally settles on a $5000 solution?
>
> This guy must be a product of public education in the US.  Or did the
> $4000 box maker have some influence on his article to which we are not
> privy (they didn't pay for the article, did they?)?
>
> Pffft!
>
> TD

I did notice the $2k price disparity, but he would have still needed a
PC or NAS and then had to load his music, install server software, etc.
Time and effort to set these up must have been worth $2k in his eyes.
The one stop shopping experience seems to have driven his decision.
It's easy for us to point out the SlimDevices overall superiority from
a technical and feature standpoint, but his views didn't align with
ours.  I have a few friends that have seen my setup (NAS feeding SB3
for whole house audio + Transporter in 2 channel rig, SB3 in  garage)
yet when it comes time to buy, they went with Sonos for the display
remote.  They also would have been willing to pay someone to rip all
their music, but didn't know where to begin.  The various choices
offered for these setups comes across as FUD to the consumer, so they
often purchase the simple solution, even if its more expensive and not
"the best".  All this ties to the "average Joe" thread and will
continue to be a serious problem until streaming media becomes
commonplace.

--
twylie

Thecus N5200 -> transporter -> Krell KRC2 -> nuforce 8b -> Sonus Faber
Concertos / Audio Physic Sparks