I spent about 18 months ripping each of my 5,300 CDs into FLAC format
and I never really thought of it as much of a chore.  I guess I saw it
as a fun way to re-visit my CD collection one last time before I went
all digital.  Even if you made a goal of ripping 10 CDs per day (which
would take around 20-30 minutes), you could rip a 3,600+ CD collection
in a year.  In the meantime you'd still have your CDs to pop in your CD
player for listening purposes.

Granted, it took some time to tag them correctly and add cover art (I
had to scan about 1,000 covers in that weren't available online) but
what I'm left with is a searchable, lossless collection of all my music
with catalog numbers, country of origin, record label information and
cover art.

The Squeezebox has made it so much easier to listen to music.  And I'm
eagerly awaiting the new remote so that I can view cover art while the
music is playing.

--
blakeh