I'm just starting to research this, so I want to get my facts straight.

Lately, it is becoming obvious that keeping a connection with an
Internet radio station for more than a short period of time in our
household is impossible. This is not a wireless issue -- I'm talking
about a wired SB3 connecting to the Internet over a 5Mbps FiOS
connection.

My first inclination was to blame it on flaky or overloaded  servers at
the broadcasters end. But when normally very reliable broadcasters like
Radio Paradise started dropping out on me, I began to suspect that
something else was at play.

Then, a week or so ago, it became apparent that Verizon, my provider,
was changing IP address many times per day. (I've got a script running
right now to see just how many times it changes a day.)

My assumption is that if Verizon changes my IP number while I'm
listenting to an Interent radio station, I'll lose my connection,
correct?

--
jonheal

Jon Heal says:
Have a nice day!
http://www.theheals.org/
~~~
SB3 (wired - 6.3.1) | Home-brew PC running XP Pro | DENON DRA-395 | PSB
Stratus Bronze (2) | Outlaw Audio LFM-2 (1) | DIY Speaker Cables |
Dayton Audio Interconnects