jonheal;273575 Wrote:
> I'm just starting to research this, so I want to get my facts straight.
>
> Lately, it is becoming obvious that keeping a connection with an
> Internet radio station for more than a short period of time in our
> household is impossible. This is not a wireless issue -- I'm talking
> about a wired SB3 connecting to the Internet over a 5Mbps FiOS
> connection.
>
> My first inclination was to blame it on flaky or overloaded  servers at
> the broadcaster's end. But when normally very reliable broadcasters like
> Radio Paradise started dropping out on me, I began to suspect that
> something else was at play.
>
> Then, a week or so ago, it became apparent that Verizon, my provider,
> was changing my IP address many times per day. (I've got a script
> running right now to see just how many times it changes a day.)
>
> My assumption is that if Verizon changes my IP number while I'm
> listenting to an Interent radio station, I'll lose my connection to
> whatever station I'm listening to, correct?

It may not have looked like it, but my last sentence was a question I
was asking ... hoping for confirmation one way or another from more
network-savvy people than myself.

--
jonheal

Jon Heal says:
Have a nice day!
http://www.theheals.org/
~~~
SB3 (wired - 6.3.1) | Home-brew PC running XP Pro | DENON DRA-395 | PSB
Stratus Bronze (2) | Outlaw Audio LFM-2 (1) | DIY Speaker Cables |
Dayton Audio Interconnects