The one thing I really miss at the moment is the ability to jump around
in transcoded material by clicking in the SqueezeCenter track timeline
(like I can for native streams). Whatever changes are made to FF/REW
functionality, I'd be very happy if only support for that was added.

I agree that the current FF/REW functionality is a bit awkward, mostly
because of the dual skip/scan functions of the remote control buttons
and the stop-start audio feedback. But I'd be more than happy to use
Song Scanner for my scanning needs, as long as I get to jump through
transcoded tracks.

Thanks for a wonderful product by the way (I'm a new SB3 owner). I
haven't been this excited about a piece of technology since I don't
know when.

--
muvster