Pat Farrell;274387 Wrote:
> Peter wrote:
> > radish wrote:
> >> 1) MAC filtering is entirely useless.
> > Agreed. MAC filtering is mostly an incredible hassle.
>
> Word.
>
> MAC filtering is nearly as hard to manage as the olden days of each PC
>
> needing manual TCP/IP address assignments. It will drive you crazy.

I've always done MAC filtering.  I've never considered it nearly the
hassle of setting up encryption.

Enter in the MAC addresses you want to allow/disallow, and you're off.
It seems pretty easy to me.  Maybe it's the firmware I use (either
DD-WRT or Tomato, for WRT54G), but...MAC filtering seems braindead to
me.

--
kidjan