On 11-Mar-08, at 12:59 AM, haunyack wrote:

> Do you think 8+ days & three email attempts is insufficient effort on
> my part?

no, I think it is entirely expected that a response should be had in
that time. It is also not hard to believe that several things can get
in the way of that when it's just email.  It's all a matter of
priority.  If this matters to you, which it clearly does, phone is
much more direct.

Case in point: before Christmas, I had an issue with an order from
BestBuy here in canada.  They had shipped, but Canada Post showed no
activity two weeks after the ship date. Two more weeks of emailing and
nothing.  Then after my three attempts at making email contact...I had
nothing.  Three days later, I got two automated acknowledgements of my
first two emails and a response to the third stating that a trace had
been put on the package and I'd have further info in 10 days. No idea
why it took so long, or why it all came at once, but I was on vacation
so didn't care to do much more than email.  Had I returned home with
still no response, a trip to the local store was the plan.

Clearly your desired result is to get a nice new remote for your
customer.  It is in your customer's best interests that you be patient
and let this thread work through to the right people, or take every
measure available to you to make direct contact in order to achieve
your desired result.  Walking away in anger may seem right, right now,
but it doesn't server your customer.

I'm sure it's all going to work out ok.
-k