snarlydwarf;284880 Wrote:

> Perhaps that is an indicator of the difference we see... my ALBUMARTIST
> is 'native' (ie, SC treats it as an exact synonym for ALBUMARTIST) but
> yours is from BAND/TPE2 and subject to the vagaries of that "Interpret
> BAND/TPE2 as album artist" checkbox?

In fact, a quick check appears to demonstrate that is the difference.

I deleted the album artist tags from "I'm Your Fan" a tribute to
Leonard Cohen and set TPE2 to Cohen.  The album sorted into god knows
where.

I then did: eyeD3 --set-user-text="ALBUMARTIST:Leonard Cohen" *mp3

Setting, specifically, the ALBUMARTIST tag to be Cohen, and it is back
to sorting nicely.

So there you have your bug: TPE2/BAND does not act -exactly- like
ALBUMARTIST does.  ALBUMARTIST itself (or variants, like the MB tag)
seems to work fine.

--
snarlydwarf