I recently moved my music files to a NAS device. SlimServer can see and
play all the music fine, but all of the playlists are empty. I use
iTunes to manage my music, and in iTunes the playlists show up as
expected. I searched around and found this thread
<http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=45198&highlight=itunes+playlists>,
in which JDB says

I figured it out, searched the support pages and found the
answer, the basic settings page should be left blank if you
are using iTunes to manage your library. Point SC to where
your iTunes xml file and music files are and it works like
a charm.

JDB

Sounds good, but I'm not sure what is meant by "Point SC to whree your
iTunes xml file and music files are." How do you point it? I've always
had "use iTunes" selected, which is supposed to mean no need to specify
a location for music files, right? And in my case the iTunes xml file
and the music files are in different locations.

I've rebuilt the database, but still no playlists. Anyone have any
ideas here?

Thanks.

- Jeff

--