mvalera;259195 Wrote:
> I completely understand what he wants, I just don't think he REALLY
> wants it.
>
> The SB Controller is by far the best way to control a whole house of
> Squeezeboxes. Especially if you don't want them to have a display. I
> say this having used most of the other options.
>
> Get a Duet when it becomes available , try it for a few weeks. Trust me
> you won't return it.
>
> Mike

Actually, Mike, I have the same request.  I just need the receiver and
would control everything from my Mac !

I don't really need the SBC to control the music when you can do it
from the computer.

Of course, if the music is on a headless server, then I can understand
spending on the SBC.  But with Macs and Leopard, you can use the VNC
implementation in iChat to control the server, thus SlimServer, so you
don't really need the SBC to play music, specially if you are like me
and you let the music play for hours while doing other things ...

Cheers,

Richard

--
rmigneron

Richard Migneron
"It doesn't work, because the Buttons & controls can't change !",
Steve Jobs, MacWorld 2007 Keynote