PLynas;287349 Wrote:
> Kind of perfect timing, I was just checking the settings on
> Squeezecenter and the wireless signal on my Duet suddenly dropped
> dramatically to just 12%. I went into the living room and my wife had
> just switched the TV on. So it seems to me that interference is likely
> to be the problem, unfortunately that could mean a lot of money down
> the drain for me as I cannot locate my Duet at the other end of the
> room from the TV........ surely it should be shielded from such
> interference?

Sadly, any wifi device is liable to interference...they have antennas
to pick up this stuff.

That being said, don't conclusively believe this is the case. I'd work
with the Slim techs on this and see if they can confirm. If it plays
perfectly without being synced then clearly the wifi link from receiver
to router is clean...I doubt all the sync/resync traffic would add that
much overhead.

There are alternatives you could consider. You could run a cat 5 cable,
or alternatively a mains relay device like a Devolo homeplug...assuming
these are compatible with Slim kit.

I'd give tech support a call and see if there is any diagnostics they
can use to check into it better.

--
jaffacake