ceejay;287260 Wrote:
> No definitive answer, but I wonder if in moving from Linux to Windows
> you have changed the file sharing protocol, eg NFS to Samba?  That
> would make a difference, I guess.

Under windows I was using a windows share (SMB I believe??) and under
Debian I mounted CIFS if that answers your question? The performance
difference is so great that I will be moving back to Linux. The effort
required to solve the problem is likely greater than the effort to
reload Debian. And I just found out that the other mission critical (if
there is such a thing for the home) application I needed to run is now
going to be released as a native linux app.

Duet is in my future!

--
Gplouffe