Kuro;288833 Wrote:
> Why are you guy doing transcoding from ALAC to FLAC?  It seems more
> logical to me the software should simply just decode ALAC to WAV and be
> done with it.  Transcode is going to demand lots of CPU cycles, which
> explains the playback issue I'm having.
Then just change your settings to transcode ALAC to WAV. It's under
Settings > Advanced > File Types > Apple Lossless.

Before going on about false advertising, consider that the hardware
you're using isn't exactly up to snuff. Transcoding doesn't demand that
many CPU cycles, but your NAS -- and most NASs -- aren't up to the job.
What does yours have, a 500MHz CPU and only 128MB RAM?

--
aubuti