JJZolx;289179 Wrote:
> I just ran an experiment.  The library is all Flac files, so this has
> nothing to do with TPE2/BAND options or problems.  I took a Van
> Morrision album, Astral Weeks, and set the ALBUMARTIST to 'Cannonball
> Adderley'.
>
> Was:
>
> ARTIST=Van Morrison
> ARTISTSORT=Morrison, Van
>
> Now:
>
> ARTIST=Van Morrison
> ARTISTSORT=Morrison, Van
> ALBUMARTIST=Cannonball Adderley
>
> See the results below.  I don't think you could possibly ask for
> anything better.  The album sorts with the ALBUMARTIST.  And displays
> the ALBUMARTIST when browsing.  In short, it works perfectly.
JJ in this case you already have a Cannonball Adderly album (Something
Else). Could you try your experiment again with an artist not already
in your collection (e.g Joe Bloggs, for argument's sake). In this case,
I think you'll find no Joe Bloggs will appear in your collection.

--
smc2911

http://www.last.fm/user/smc2911/