I had my Squeezebox Receiver set up via wireless while I was doing
various experiments. I now want to deploy it in its final position, and
connect it by ethernet.

I naively assumed that all I needed to do was plug in an ethernet
cable, hold the front button to reset it, and when going through the
setup procedure it would ask whether I wanted to go wireless or
ethernet. But no: it just re-connected to the wireless network without
asking me. So then I tried power-cycling the Receiver. Interestingly,
the ethernet port doesn't show any lights, and the switch that it's
plugged into doesn't register any connection. I have tried a different
ethernet cable in case the cable was faulty (one I know works, because
it's usually used for a PC), but that was the same.

I vaguely remember something about a "Forget This Player" option
somewhere, and thought perhaps that's what is needed. But I cannot find
it anywhere in SC7.0 or on the Controller's menus.

Any ideas?

--
cliveb

Transporter -> ATC SCM100A