pfarrell;291350 Wrote:
> snarlydwarf wrote:
> > That depends on the program.  It can be last-modified-time, size,
> md4
> > or some other hash.
>
> MD4 is way obsolete. Use at least a SHA1.
>

> > Computing md4 on every file would be rather time consuming for a
> fast
> > scan: it should not be the default.
>
> I agree it has to be a user control option. But for some folks who care
>
> about the database, you have to be able to control, and tell if the
> song
> has changed.
>
> There is another philosophical question: do you SHA the whole file or
> just the music parts?
>

> --
> Pat Farrell
> http://www.pfarrell.com/

I don't know if checksum would be viable option here since it would be
faster to do a full clean rescan. However, there are other ways. If I
was to design to solution I'd make it user cofigurable: tick whether
you want it checked by date, or/and by size and/or by archive attribute
and do you want  to reset the attribute afterwards and/or buy checksum
(but that's going to cost you some time). BTW, mp3tag sets the archive
attribute after change to the file has beeen made. I mean, no need to
rediscover hot water - those things have been resolved. Just implement
them right.

slimkid

The sound stage will open up, bass will tighten and the imaging will
improve. DVD performance will also increase substantially.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7iAj2aPdQnk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VvMNuuFSvN0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDRhRv4q_SI
http://youtube.com/watch?v=nlrpe8Ig5m8