JimC,

I just signed up for the AT&T UVerse service and it will be installed
in a couple of weeks.  I am receiving the 2-wire residential gateway
(3800HGV), but currently have a Linksys WRT54G router I want to use for
the purposes of my Slim Devices Squeezebox (wireless connection).  I
have read many threads that say I should be running a cable from one of
the LAN ports on the 2wire to the WAN port of the Linksys.  Others say I
should be going from a LAN port on the 2-wire to a LAN port on the
Linksys.

All I'm trying to accomplish is using the 2wire RG for my direct
Ethernet connection to my desktop PC for Internet access and using the
WRT54G to provide wireless connectivity to my Squeezebox.  I'd also
like to be able to access the Internet wirelessly through the WRT54G
with laptops (because of the security of the Linksys versus 2wire), but
I'm willing to sacrifice this by purchasing and hooking up a Linksys
wireless access point to one of the LAN ports on the 2wire RG if that
makes things easier and less complicated.

It sounds as though you accomplished something very similar to what I
am wanting to do.  Can you please lead me in the right direction with
regards to what I need to be disabling on which device and what I need
to be enabling on which device?  Also, is it proper to make the
connection from the LAN port on the 2wire to the WAN port on the
Linksys or one of the LAN ports on the Linksys?

Thanks in advance.

A.J.

--
ajreinert