bpa;295660 Wrote:
> WHat do you mean recognised ?  Is there a CDplayer in the Extras menu.
> It is a normal Plugin and should be installed alongside plugins such as
> Alien.
>
> If there is no CDplayer in the Extras menu but CDplayer appears in the
> Advanced/Plugins menu - then something is wrong with the installation.
> However I don't know where Plugin go on OSX and I only give general
> help.
>
> I've seen the 404 error in the following cases
> 1. Plugins installed one level too deep e.g. Plugins/Plugins/CDplayer
> 2. CDplayer installed in the Slim/Plugin directory
> 3. In Plugins directory you have an empty folder called Plugin or
> Plugins and possibly only one Plugin (e.g. CDplayer) installed.
>
> You should try restarting  but deleting plugin-data.yaml before
> restarting SC.

Right, there is no CDPlayer in the Extras menu, just in the
Advanced/Plugins menu. This applies after deleting plugin-data.yaml and
restarting SqueezeCenter.

I have put CDPlayer in the correct place, it is sitting in the same
folder as all the other plugins installed by me. So your three
suggestions can't be the issue. Any other thoughts?

(For the record, and to help others, the plugins live in
~/Library/Application Support/SqueezeCenter/Plugins).

Thanks for your answer about the device name. I thought that would be
what was needed, but wanted to be sure.

--
danco