and suggestion for new a acronym, YAAP - Yet Another Acceleration
Proposal

The SBC wheel acceleration/handling has come a long way, and is fairly
good today. To make the user experience better I suggest:

1. Give some visual indication of the acceleration level. This would a)
make it easier to learn how fast/slow long/short spinning of the wheel
correlates with actual scrolling speed b) make it easier to speed up
and slown down c) give a better user experience since instead of
turning the wheel blindly, the user knows what is going on. The scroll
bar is not good enough for this. One idea could be some kind of
meter/gauge. E.g. an overlayed stack of horisontal bars.

2. Instead of just a fixed length prefix popup (i.e. the big letter),
use a variable prefix length popup, and make it depend of the length of
the list it represents. E.g. if I have 100 artists under A, and 20 under
B. scrolling under A should not only show A, but also An, for e.g.
Anabolic through Anxiety.

What do you say? Reasonable? Useful? If so I'll file a bug unless one
exists.

B.

--
bhaagensen