This is certainly a good idea, although there may be other ways to make
the wheel more practical.

Personally, I have far more than 100 artists. The current result is
that to get to Z I need to spin my finger-tip like crazy for quite a
while, and if I slip (must be getting old:-) ), I have to wait for it
to speed up again. For me, a simple solution would be to have a small
range of speed increments for slow browsing, with faster 'wheeling'
simply advancing one letter of the alphabet every quarter second. I
would then quickly be able to advance to the start letter, and use the
slow mode to find my target. Pretty much the way we use one of those
dictionaries with tabbed pages.

Any one else have better ideas?

--
adrianr

Former Roku owner (SB died!), now a very happy Duet user, Musical
Fidelity X-DAC v3 & X-PSU