This is all very odd. I suspect there must be more going on behind the
scenes, maybe some disagreements about branding.

matmar10;296574 Wrote:

> Since it's still SlimDevices.com, the site still branded as such.

Why? That makes no sense. Simply redirect all traffic that head for the
old URL to a new one.

matmar10;296574 Wrote:
>  You're right that EVENTUALLY this brand will fade in favor of the
> "Logitech Squeezebox" brand, but the time frame for that transition is
> TBD.

"Slim" has been killed everywhere, the software, the marketing, the
hardware. Why confuse matters by keeping it on the website. New
(potential) customers will be confused.

And why -EVENTUALLY-? Where has the uncertainty come from now? I
thought it was pretty clear cut, the decision was made and you wasted
no time in it getting rid of the name elsewhere. Now the decision is to
stall it for some reason?

Could this be indication that you are starting to realise what an
absolutely HUGE mistake killing the Slim Devices brand is?

For what its worth i am not that bothered really, but it's a shame to
lose Slim Devices. I know this discussion have been done to death and i
will still buy your products. It just makes no sense to do this!

Cheers for all the work, i think the new site is much nicer :)

--
autopilot

*SlimServer:* 7.0 (Windows XP)
*Players:* Squeezebox 3 (main room) / Squeezebox Receiver (bedroom) /
Softsqueeze (home office).
*Amps:* Cambridge Audio 640a (main room) / Denon MD30 (bedroom) /
Logitech 5.1.
*Speakers:* Mission 701's (living room) / Kef Cresta 1's (bedroom) /
Logitech 5.1's.
*Remotes:* Harmony 525 (IR) / 1 Beta SB Controller / 1 Official Sb
Controller.

'LAST.FM' (http://www.last.fm/user/domrevans/)