funkstar;297408 Wrote:
> You could use SoftSqueeze instead of WinAmp?

Unfortunately, I can't. The firewall at the hospital blocks one of the
necessary ports for that. In fact, that's one of the reasons I use SC
remote streaming - I've set it up on port 80 of my machine at home, so
I can get to it through the hospital firewall. In this way, I was
hoping to be able to stream Shoutcast stations that are not natively on
port 80 (which is a lot of them).

As for other details:

What os is SC is running on? XP Pro SP2

What format streams are you playing? They're mostly stations available
via Shoutcast (Folk Alley, Radio Paradise) and Radio Margaritaville as
well as Whisperings (solopianoradio.com). I believe they're all mp3
streams

Have you enabled bit rate limiting? Yes. I'm limiting to 64kbps

Have you installed lame? Yes

Thanks for the replies, guys.

--
Squonk