Hi Michael

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

mherger;297558 Wrote:

> Would you mind uploading your server.prefs, plugin/itunes.prefs and
> plugin/state.prefs files? This shouldn't happen - and I've never seen
> it happen neither.

I've attached them to this post.  Thanks!

mherger;297558 Wrote:

> You could give Prism a try - it's basically a FF wrapper which makes a
> web page look like an app.
> http://labs.mozilla.com/2007/10/prism/

I thought of using Prism, but it's more the additional load placed on
my system by having to run another large app that bothers me.  FF has a
pretty hefty working set.  Also, it would be advisable to add something
to the readme regarding this, since like it or not, IE does still have
a 70%+ market share.

mherger;297558 Wrote:

> Make sure none of these whacky lists is still inside the folder you're
> still using. SC will follow playlists and shortcuts inside the defined
> music folder. It will _not_ search anywhere else unless lead there by
> your files.

I double-checked.  They're in sub-directories under My Documents\My
Music.  But Squeezecenter (SC) was never told to look there, so I'm
assuming that's one of the default places it looks.  Any way to turn
that off?

There is another bug hiding in there, too: users sets up SC which scans
away and finds all this stuff under My Music.  Now the user switches SC
to run as a service, which means it's running (I assume) as
LocalSystem.  Let's say the user has locked down My Documents (not
uncommon: the Explorer has a link to do that for you when you set up
Fast User Switching), allowing only their own account access.  SC is
still going to list those items that it found in My Music, but it's not
going to be able to read them.  Oops.

Thanks again

- S

|Filename: SC_prefs.zip                                             |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4995|

Simonfish