The old web skin, now called "Classic", still exists, but is not the
default. You can easily change over to using that skin. It's a lot more
responsive, even though some of the AJAX stuff did manage to work it's
way in for the 7.0 release.

I'm still running 6.5.5 for my main system, which does everything that
system needs - namely playing Flac files from my library and little
else.  I have a custom skin, closely based on the old Default, that
didn't come close to making the transition to 7.0 and would be way too
much work to get it conform.  If there's nothing in 7.0 that you need,
you might just stick with 6.5.

--
JJZolx

Jim