i'm not upset...  but follow my logic here for a moment...

i understood everything you just said already.  but the jive firmware
would be NEWER than what the SC7 version he's running is.

i assume that there is reasonably backwards compatibility especially
when the newer FW is only very moderately newer.

having said that, he still is having issues that he described in the
beginners forum, and its my belief that new FW is more likely to
resolve his issues than older FW.

i could be all wet, but i don't think so.

and please, i have tried to make this much clear, i did not insist or
want "out of sync" FW, i could not get 2287 on my SBC at all, and i did
not know of slimpys link, so i had to manually update to 2354 via SD
card, and believe me that wasn't by choice, my SBC wouldn't let me do
squat until i did the update, (the 2287 it insisted i needed but
couldn't find).

i know you know your stuff kdf, but if you were this guy, having his
issues, would you stick with 2287?

(btw, its kinda confusing to have newer jive bins on the nightlies page
if they absolutely should NOT be used with the newest 7.0.1 nightlies)

--
MrSinatra

www.LION-Radio.org
Using:
Squeezebox2 (primary) / SBR (secondary) / SBC - w/SC 7.0.1beta - Win XP
Pro SP2 - 3.2ghz / 2gig ram - D-Link DIR-655